23 July 2010

My First Haul Post

Let me start off by saving that I LOVE when makeup is inexpensive. Yesterday I went shopping at a Dollar Tree and Rite Aid in my town, and this is what I got:

Dollar Tree:

Top Row: e.l.f. Brightening Eye Color quads in Punk Funk and Butternut

Middle Row: Nail Art Kit distributed by Greenbrier International, Inc., L.A. Colors Art Deco polishes in Bright Green, Silver, and Blue Glitter

Bottom Row: L.A. Colors Art Deco polishes in Bright Orange, Black, Red Glitter, and Baby Pink, L.A. Colors Color Craze polish in Static Electricity.

First off, I had NO IDEA that e.l.f. was sold in Dollar Trees. That was super exciting. These are my first e.l.f. eyeshadows and I can't wait to try them out. I was also super happy to find the Art Deco polishes, and I've never used them, since I usually use the Stripe Rites sold in Sally's. I actually even had one of the employees climb a ladder to make sure I had all the colors! lol. Finally, Static Electricity seemed like a really cute denim blue, so for a dollar, why not?!

Then I was off to Rite Aid, where I made a couple more purchases:

Left to Right: Sinful Colors in Dumpling, Sinful Colors in Bamboo, Wet and Wild Shine in Sparked, Wet and Wild Shine in Sunny Side Up, and N.Y.C. in Starry Silver Glitter.
The eyeshadow is Secret Weapon by Jessie's Girl Cosmetics.

I've never tried Sinful Colors before, and the only reason I looked twice at the display was because Bamboo reminded me of Jade is the New Black by OPI, which I have really really wanted ever since it came out, even though Bamboo has a slight shimmer to it, while JITNB is a cream finish. But I'll try out Bamboo and see if it satisfies my craving =P The Wet and Wilds and the N.Y.C. polish were each 99 cents. I'm super excited about Sparked because I need a good glitter polish and it looks awesome in the bottle; it's kind of a mauvey pink fine glitter.

Jessie's Girl is also a new brand for me, and Secret Weapon looks absolutely beautiful. It's a white iridescent powder, so it also appears blue and lavender. Can't wait to try that one!

Thank you so much for reading!

Janna

2 comments:

I'd really love to hear your feedback and I promise to answer every single comment as soon as I can, so check back! Thank you so much for reading and following =]

(Comments are moderated so I know that I'll read all of them!)