27 July 2010

My New Favorite Polish and my Old Mani, Revamped

Background Story:

The other day, my boyfriend was shopping and I was texting him about nail polish. =P During conversation, he asked me about what colors I wanted to buy, and I told him I wanted to get some light blues and browns. Long story short, he walked into Ulta all by himself, asked one of the employees for help, and ultimately purchased a bottle of Sally Hansen's Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear polish, FOR ME =] What a great surprise! So this color is now my new favorite. I mean, in the past he's felt uncomfortable even walking in Ulta with me, so this was a big step, lol. What's the color, you ask?

P1040349

P1040347

P1040346


So I'm now a proud owner of Blue Me Away! This is my second ever Xtreme Wear polish. Application was awesome, and it was near perfect in one coat! The bottle pictures aren't even close to the actual color though. The true color is really right in between the colors shown in the flash and no flash pictures, a deep sky blue.

I put this on my toes and I love it! I'd describe it as a deep sky blue that almost leans teal.
P1040369
Blurry, but this is quite close to the actual color of the polish.

P1040379
My toes in cute shoes =]


(EDIT: this color stained horribly, even with a base coat!)

I'll swatch this color later on my nails =] I finished it off with a sun design from my new Bundle Monster fauxnad plates. This design is from BM01, done with Design-a-Nail polish in Frostbite. Closeup:
P1040375


Well I had so much fun with this that I decided to add a design to my current mani. This is Bundle Monster plate BM03, a flower, done in Sally Hansen Diamond Strength "Sunrise, Sunset." (I added rhinestones shaped like cherries to my ring fingers out of boredom on day 2 of wearing this; ignore it =p)

P1040335

P1040331


Blurry of course, but I really like the design and I definitely can't wait to keep playing with my new plates.

Tomorrow I'm going to design my entry for Polish Hoarder Disorder's weekly challenge, and then maybe attempt a new water marble. Every time Colette posts a new entry about one, I feel the need to do it.

That's it for today, and since I've posted two entries, I'm sure you've had your fill. Thank you for stopping by!!

Janna

P.S. My new favorite snack. This is a winning combination!
P1040343

5 comments:

  1. Pretty! And I didn't know about Reese's Chips Ahoy...but now I want some. You are going to make me fat! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. NICE BLOG. AND YR MAKIN ME HUNGRY.LOL. BUT AWESOME NAIL DESIGN!!<3 JUST FOLLOWED YOU CAN YU PLEASE CHEK OUT MY BEAUTY BLOG @http://miilobeauty.blogspot.com/ THANKS BBEZ LOVE FROM MIILOBEAUTY AKA MICHELLE.X

    ReplyDelete
  3. DAMN, GIRL, I WANT ONE OF THOSE.
    (by which "one of those" refers to a dude that sweet to/smitten with me as yours must be to/with you.)
    I mean, the polish is lovely, don't get me wrong. But d'awww.

    ...HE EVEN PAINTED YOUR NAILS FOR YOU, asdfghjkl;
    (Sometimes I am a sap.)

    I also wish I had an Ulta nearby, le sigh. Oh well :)

    Also also, so this comment resembles relevance: do you find Sinful's Dumpling to be a dupe for $OPI's Cab Fare?

    ReplyDelete

I'd really love to hear your feedback and I promise to answer every single comment as soon as I can, so check back! Thank you so much for reading and following =]

(Comments are moderated so I know that I'll read all of them!)