05 February 2011

Sinful Colors Pretty-In-Pink Review

Hi everyone!

I was graciously sent samples of 2 of the colors to review from the new Sinful Collection: Glass Pink and Scandal.

Now, here's my dilemma. As most of you probably know, I'm currently away at school for my Spring semester. My school is 2 and a half hours away from my home, so I hardly go home unless the school is closed for a break. In order to give a convenient address and to ensure that the samples don't get lost (packages get lost often upon delivery to my school), I requested that the samples be sent to my home address. This means that I did not review the samples myself; my wonderful mommy did it for me! I got my love of nail polish from my mom, so she's definitely a reliable source. This is what she had to say.









With Flash.



Glass Pink - Sheer lightest-pink shimmer, or as my mom says, "one pink up from white." Lol. I was really excited to be sent this one as it looks like a really versatile polish. This one looks like it'd be really pretty for layering (see below) and I'm jealous my mom got to try it before me! This is three coats.









Scandal - not really neon. 'If it's neon, it's not a GREAT neon...' She says it reminds her of the flesh of watermelon. Pink-leaning coral with a jelly finish. My mom says it's so shiny when it dries. Again, three coats.

And just for fun...





This is three coats of Scandal topped with one coat of Glass Pink. This was my mom's idea because she thought that Glass Pink would make a pretty topcoat; she was right!

Other comments: My mom always does three coats, because she thinks two isn't enough, but she said that both of these are fine at two coats. Application was awesome. It also dried really fast between coats.
To directly quote my mom, "Wear is BEAUTIFUL." After she swatched these, she kept the Scandal/Glass Pink combo on for a week and a half (without topcoat or base coat!!) and she said it still looked perfect when she removed it. She LOVED these colors and thinks for the price she wants all of them =P

Without having seen any of the polishes in person, I feel like this is a collection of awesome pinks. I can't wait to try Glass Pink over a dark blue maybe. I'll definitely pick the rest of these up if I can find them! Thanks Sinful Colors!

(Sorry this took so long to post. I wanted to make sure I posted a quality review and had time to get my mom's opinions on everything! Hope you enjoyed it!)

Sinful Colors polishes retail for $1.99 and are available at most drugstores.

1 comment:

  1. CORRECTION! It was DANAJO'S idea to layer the colors...just sayin'

    ReplyDelete

I'd really love to hear your feedback and I promise to answer every single comment as soon as I can, so check back! Thank you so much for reading and following =]

(Comments are moderated so I know that I'll read all of them!)