23 January 2012

Survey Says...

Happy Monday! Here's a survey I stole from Original Wacky. I never do these but it seemed like a fun activity to get my blogging mojo back! Go read her answers, too...I was lol-ing. I'll have a mani post this weekend hopefully.


1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
Hm..Oh, I left the country for the first time to study abroad in Spain in July and August. And I worked 15 hours a week at school. Very busy, but I love my job so it's worth it!


2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't remember my resolutions, and I don't really make them anyway. I tend to just follow a ton of superstitions on NYE.


3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Hmm...no one too close.


4. Did anyone close to you die?
No. *knocks on wood*


5. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
Ummm an easy semester.


6. What countries did you visit?
Spain and Portugal! (I'm guessing the US doesn't count)


7. What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why:
Our last night of study abroad. So much fun!


8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I don't have a "biggest," but I'm proud of finishing my courses abroad and doing well in my courses this year while I balanced work and stuff. Yeah, I'm boring.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Well one was my blog this semester. And some others but I'm not dwelling on anything.


10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing too awful thank goodness.


11. What was the best thing you bought?
MAC Cosmetics and awesome polish! And some pretty awesome Christmas gifts.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Everyone's. LOL.


13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Geez, no one's!


14. Where did most of your money go?
Nail polish, and oddly makeup. I also bought a good amount of clothes.


15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Traveling. Polish. Dates with my boyfriend or outings with my friends. I get excited about everything.


16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Tonight by Pitbull, Ne-yo, etc.


17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? 
i'm never sad.


ii. thinner or fatter?
THINNER! Still a way to go though. Trying to lose the weight I've gained since I've entered college.


iii. richer or poorer?
I'm gonna say richer since I'm making good money at work even though I'm spending a bit more. Plus it makes me feel better to say richer.


18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
More exercising, more going out.


19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Less complaining, less other stuff.


20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Well it's over, but family was over on Christmas Eve for the fish dinner. On Christmas we do gifts and have people over for breakfast, then go to each of my grandmother's houses for food and more gifts. It was so fun!


21. There was no #21. I don’t know why there was no 21.
Oh, snap!


22. Did you fall in love in 2011?
"You mean any more than I was before? Because I fall in love with The Mate over and over again. Not that I ever fall out of love with him." (I'm keeping her answer 'cause I like it.)


23. How many one-night stands?
"I really prefer to sleep laying down. Although I sometimes fall asleep sitting up in the tub." HAHAH ALSO KEEPING THIS ONE.


24. What was your favorite TV program?
Once Upon a Time! 


25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Nah. If anything I hate people less.


26. What was the best book you read?
....fail. I'm in the process of reading a sample of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and I've read a sentence of Little Women so far, both on my new reader. Other than that, text books.


27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Tough. I'm really not sure. I don't "discover" artists; I just listen to whatever.


28. What did you want and get?
Nail polish, of course. A tablet, Money =P, a new camera! And other mushy things.


30. What was your favorite film of this year?
One of the only ones I saw in theatres was New Year's Eve.


31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I spent my 20th birthday home, because it was Easter weekend. Probably went out to dinner. (wow, I don't remember)

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
a 4.0 GPA?

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
A lot more dressed up than 2010 and INFINITELY more dressed up than my bummish ways of 2009. Constant makeup-wearing and hair-doing and very little sweatpant-wearing in public.


34. What kept you sane?
Friends, family, and boyfriend.


35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Ryan Gosling, Justin Long, Russel Brand, Ben from the Bachelor LOL.


36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Noneee.


37. Who did you miss?
Boyfriend, family.


38. Who was the best new person you met?
All of the new friends I've made!


39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011:
Always bring your apartment key, and don't keep your bedroom key IN your bedroom, you know, in case of emergencies. Also, to calm the eff down.


40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Wow, pressure. I can think of a few but none of them make sense, so PASS!


This is the first time I've done one of these. It was fun! Give it a try if you want =] And thanks for reading! Bonus points if you made it to the end.


Janna

1 comment:

I'd really love to hear your feedback and I promise to answer every single comment as soon as I can, so check back! Thank you so much for reading and following =]

(Comments are moderated so I know that I'll read all of them!)