29 June 2011

Pink Wednesday - A Motherly Water Marble

Hi there!

While you read this I am off galavanting in NYC. Sigh =] Or still asleep.

For this week's pink Wednesday, I actually have a pink. Yesterday you saw my sister's graduation water marble, and today I'm going to show you how I did my mom's nails.

My mom showed me a magenta-colored top that she was wearing for my sister's graduation, and OPI Ate Berries in the Canaries was a near-perfect match, so first I painted all of her nails with that. Then I practically had to beg her to let me water marble them...she said she didn't want me to mess them up =P I chose to do a relatively simple design on her because she didn't want her nails as crazy as mine and my sister's.

This is a really simple way to try a water marble if you're a little scared. I only did her thumbs and ring fingers, and they made a really nice accent to her manicure, if I do say so myself =P The accent nails are marbled with Ate Berries in the Canaries and Pamplona Purple (I could have used a clear polish instead of ABITC because her nails were already painted with that color, but I didn't have a clear polish handy). My mom really liked it! =]















This is entitled, "Jan, my arms don't bend that way!!"




I made these pictures extra large so I hope you can see the design. It's pretty subtle but she got a lot of compliments on it =] Every design came out perfect though, so any imperfections you see are the fault of my photography. Maybe next time we'll go bolder...

So what do you think? Does this make you less scared to try a marble? =]

Have a great Wednesday! Thanks for reading!
Janna

2 comments:

  1. Holy... are those her real nails? SO JEALOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diana - Thank you!

    Cydonian - Lol yes, those are her real nails. I meant to add that in the post =P I get my good nail genes from her.

    ReplyDelete

I'd really love to hear your feedback and I promise to answer every single comment as soon as I can, so check back! Thank you so much for reading and following =]

(Comments are moderated so I know that I'll read all of them!)